Tuesday, July 5, 2011

College Life #1


"Welcome" that is the word I have heard for the past two days.  I went to my DePaul Orientation and that is the word I heard upon my arrival. Of course when my mother and I got there we already got lost trying to find University Hall and we found out it was right behind the parking garage. That was when I knew it was going to be a long day, because if we got lost just trying to find the place, what more of actual activity and us splitting up? However, throughout the day it went quite smoothly. I love all the free stuff you can attain. I ended up getting awesome shirts and pens and shades :D! I love free stuff!! In new surroundings I can usually be an introvert and can be really quiet. However, the people I have met were really nice and surprisingly I made some new friends. It seems like I have a lot of good things to say about my visit to DePaul and I do. I can't wait for school to start! However, with every pro there comes a con that goes with it. I hate that in life there can't always be a good thing that stands by itself, sooner or later the pair of happiness comes with it. There is no good without bad and vice versa and we all just have to live with that. So anyways, the first bad thing about DePaul is the seats. They put you in the auditorium type room but with the most uncomfortable chairs ever! They hurt your back because they are hard and straight and the cushions of the seat do not even comfort your ass its like seating on a bike for the first time and the seat feels hard on your ass that makes it fall asleep. Sitting in those chairs served its purpose though, because those chairs you could not fall asleep in, even when the presentations were boring.  Another bad thing about DePaul was the food. I mean it was good and healthy, don't get me wrong but if you are Asian, then you know rice. You know what is good legit rice and what isn't. I am sad to say that DePaul serves the crappy, shitty rice that is all American and disgusting. The grains are still hard and it slides down your throat as you feel the gooey texture. It was nasty and whoever made that should be ashamed and not ever cook rice in their living existence. They put true Asians to shame. Lastly, the dorms. I believe in my dorm the heater was not working because it still blew out cold air and all through the night, my roommate and I were tossing and turning to try to get warm. It was not a very good night, the blankets were like thin paper that was inferior to the cold air surrounding our room. Other than that though it was perfect and it was better than I could hope for. I felt a sense of freedom and security. I felt independent that I don't feel back at home. So I can not wait to become a blue demon of DePaul University!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home